This is the new American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom in Olympic White. The American Vintage II Series is a continuation and improvement upon the beloved Fender American Vintage Series that pays homage to Fender's history and heritage.
The Telecaster® Custom marked one of Fender’s earliest forays into the use of humbucking pickups. The Tele® Custom featured a 3-way toggle located on the upper bout and dual volume and tone controls mounted to a stylish, elongated pickguard. The American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original. This Tele features a Wide Range humbucking pickup in the neck position and a Pure Vintage '77 single-coil Tele® pickup in the bridge position. To create an authentic Wide-Range humbucking pickup, we resurrected CuNiFe magnets, which had been out of production since 1981, and are an essential element in recreating the sonics of the original. The American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom plays like a dream with a ‘77 “C”-shape hard rock maple neck with a 7.25” radius maple or rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Other features include a Tele bridge with 6 slotted steel barrel saddles, “F” stamped tuners, a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut and a three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism.
If you want an American-made Fender that has all of the historically-accurate parts and tones, it doesn't get much better than the American Vintage II series!
Includes: Hardshell Case, Case Candy, Paperwork
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Alder Body
- 1-Piece Maple Neck with 1977 "C" Profile
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Bone Nut, 1.65” Width
- 9.5" Radius
- 21 Vintage Tall Frets
- Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking Neck Pickup, Pure Vintage '77 Single-Coil Tele Bridge Pickup
- Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Tele® Bridge with Slotted Steel Barrel Saddles
- Pure Vintage Tele® Deluxe Tuners
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware
- 7 lbs 12 oz.
- .880" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .880" Neck Thickness at 12th Fret
Since 1994 The Music Zoo has been a trusted source for musicians around the world. We've located guitars for Slash, sold guitars for Steve Miller, held performances by major artists like Steve Vai, built thousands of customer relationships, and helped countless enthusiasts find just the right instrument. Today we look forward to finding your next guitar!